Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Insomnia

I haven't slept since last Thursday. I don't know why. The first couple nights, I was out really late and couldn't sleep in. But since then, I just lie in bed awake. Last night, I tried reading boring literature, but it ended up being interesting and kept me up. So then I started reading my friends' writing for workshop. That was obviously interesting and there I was awake at 130 am after trying to be asleep since 1030.

The worst part of this is that I deliberately scheduled time in each afternoon to do work and now I have to spend that time napping if I want to stay alive. I do everything I'm supposed to. I nap for only a half hour so it doesn't keep me up at night. I put on lavender lotion before bed, drink chammomile tea.

I have been a total failure when it comes to exercise lately, so perhaps that is the problem. My body isn't tired because it hasn't done a damn thing. It's very possible. I can't remember a winter off season where I did less physical activity. Although, I couldn't exactly fit in a 1.5 hour workout this afternoon when I had to nap to stay sane and then do schoolwork before tutoring tonight. I feel like I'm in a wheel of sleepless, exerciseless non-health. And I'm cooking with butter as I go along.

I guess the only thing to do is finish today, take some Nyquil tonight, and make sure to exercise tomorrow. I hope this works. I feel like a zombie right now.

No comments: