Thursday, January 05, 2006

Black Balled

I have now tried two separate times to get a library card from the Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh. The first time, they sent me away because I had no proof of a local address. Then, when I went back with a magazine sporting my printed address, they said that was not official mail and was therefore no good. Official mail would be a utility or other bill. Only I pay all mine online, so I get no official mail.
"You can come back with your lease or you might go to the bursar's office and have them print your student record!" suggested the bouffant at the desk. Wait in line at the bursar's office? No thank you at the beginning of the semester.
All I really want to do is rent the first season of Lost and not have to pay for it. Is that such a huge wish? I suppose I shall have to trek in there tomorrow with my lease, which I have to renew by January 19, complete with the signatures of Herb and Nancy. Exciting times at the fax machine lie ahead!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I can't believe a LIBRARY makes it so difficult to get a card. Benjamin Franklin would not be happy. How can they even call themselves a free library? Give 'em hell, Katy.