Friday, February 17, 2006

Wasteland

Why can't I just get services like a normal person? There was the whole year and a half fiasco where I couldn't receive my mail, it was in constant circles between New Jersey and Lebanon and then New Jersey and Pittsburgh and Lebanon. Before that, in college, my mail was going to Katie Rankin in Mt. Lebanon. She still never gave me my back issues of the New Yorker! Hog!

Now I can't have a cell phone. Every month for the last four months, Verizon Wireless overcharges Corey and I by several hundred dollars. Sometimes, they turn off free nights and weekends on our phones just for fun. Last month there were over $500 worth of charges due to that. This month, they did that for a few days and random calls. Like they charged me to talk to Corey, who is in my own family plan. And they charged me to talk to my mom, also an In customer. Hundreds of dollars. Every month. So we spend our quality time either freaking out or on the phone with their shitty customer service people who, after last month, swore they would keep an eye on our bill and make sure there were no false charges this time.

I have left it up to Corey to talk to them this time. We are leaving. We are going to T-mobile unless they give us something to make us happy. If you think about it, we spend at least one hour per month talking to them (not counting angry time and freak out time and preparation for the call plus printer ink and paper) so over four months, that works out to $48 of Corey's time. (Based on his current temp salary)

It would be one thing if we were making $500 worth of phone calls each month. But they are not holding up their end of the bargain! We pay them to give us cell phone service at the rate designated in our contract. We do not pay them to make us spend hours each month calculating and analyzing each phone call to make sure it was IN because their damn computers have clearly stopped working.

Also, they turned off our water this morning. I have sleepy dirt in my eyes and am considering washing my face with milk.

5 comments:

Katy said...

I don't know who she was. Only that she took my mail! The water was shut off to fix some sort of valve. It's supposed to be back on by the time I get home from work...

PeaceLoveMath said...

I had similar, but not nearly so bad, problems with my cable/internet. you should definitely demand to be compensated, and say that if the bill isn't right next month they have to let you out of the contract for no penalty so that you can switch to a company that works. even tho it will suck to not be "in" when the rest of your family is. grr...i hate stupid service companies whose service sucks!! my friend caroline had very bad problems with her cable company, and then verizon didn't bill her for 4 months but still expected her to pay the full bill. stupid verizon. you are making me remember my frustration, and it makes me want to call verizon and yell at them on your behalf!

Anonymous said...

Corey & me not Corey & I

Jane said...

Anonymous is not I!

Katy said...

See?? I can't even type with correct grammar when I am angry with phone companies. Things are looking bleak. In researching T Mobile, I discovered that they only offer GSM. So we are facing either continued hassles or more minutes for less money and un-good service. I go to bed anxious for the battle tomorrow will bring...