Monday, February 06, 2006

Assorted Ramblings

The Steelers won the SuperBowl. My friend Tricia has asked me to clarify that, while the victory was monumental, Earth-shattering perhaps, it was not better than winning the RUGBY national championship her own self. Yesterday's moment was better than if Penn State FOOTBALL would have won the national championship. I insist she did not mention a sport when she first said this, and I ASSUMED she was talking about rugby. Because what Penn State rugby player refers to sports other than rugby? I feel like it's natural to assume all Penn State sports related conversation with ruggers is rugby related unless otherwise specified. But anyway, Tricia is not a lunatic and we both enjoyed the victory last night by running through the streets with the crazies.

Which brings me to something that bothered me all day. How can people stand to run around in the bitter cold with no shirt on? I was seriously bundled in many layers and was a popsicle. I was horribly complainy on the walk back to Oakland. Miserable in fact. Yet there were many persons running around in various states of undress for really long periods of time. They were drunk, you might suggest. I am not a scientist, but I don't think booze makes you actually grow super skin. Why don't they have frostbitten nipples? Blue fingers? Health problems? How does that work?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katy, I am going to have to shun your blog after that PSU football comment. Just so you know.

shunning.....


NOW.