Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Down

Today I got home from work at 10pm. Corey was already in bed, the lights were all off, and the house was dark and lonely. Though I finished tutoring at 9:03, because of substantial bus cuts this means I can't get on a bus until 9:35. When the 71A rumbles past, it is so full that the journey home takes an additional 15 minutes as people shift around and grumble.

But that is besides the point. I am feeling really down right now, because I wake up so early and work on my thesis or other schoolwork until I have to leave for class and work, usually with two meals in my bookbag. When I get home at 10pm, without seeing my husband, I just feel lonely and sad. Is graduate school even worth it?

Obviously I won't have completed 2/3 of the work to just quit now, but I say with all certainty that this will be the hardest 8 months of my life. April 28th, how I long for you to come and go so I can rejoin the world of the living. And maybe even make it to rugby practice. Or go out to dinner with someone. Or even eat dinner sitting down...

6 comments:

P said...

Hey, if anyone can get through this, maybe not unscathed, but intact, it is you. Hang in there. Take a weekend day (afternoon) and do something with Coreman.

Valtastic said...

When you are done it will be so worth it... at least that's what I keep telling myself!

ninny said...

what can mommy do for you?

Jane said...

what can aunty do for you?

JL said...

that's so weird. i was thinking the same thing. except that IS my life. i AM a real person. i wrote a blog about it. oddly it was before i read this post. now i will incorporate your woes and we will woe together.

JL said...

also i hope you don't mind that i used your post as reference in my blog. let me know if you'd like me to take it down.