Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Dollar Cupcakes

Today is a fantastic day for all students in Pittsburgh. We can each receive a fabulous cupcake from Dozen for just $1. You better believe I was up and ready to be there when the doors opened. I headed to Squirrel Hill at 9am, figuring I would do my grocery shopping and take advantage of the parking lot so I could walk for my treat. (The thought of parallel parking on Murray gives me chills!) Because I am a methodical shopper, I finished way too early and found myself outside Dozen at 9:45, too soon for the ten o'clock feast.

I decided that only a loser would sit at the little table outside and wait for the opening. Instead, I did a very classy and dignified thing. I walked across the street to the bookstore and pressed my face against the window, waiting for the owner to come turn over the little "closed sign."

I was third in line. Somehow, my sprint across the street was thwarted by some jerk on a scooter. It doesn't matter, though. I still got a divine delicacy all my own. I have the crumbs on my pants to prove it.

1 comment:

Valtastic said...

I really need to go to Pittsburgh... I'm reading your stuff but I'm in AZ for work so it's taking me a bit to get through it all..