Monday, April 07, 2008

BM

Today at work, one of my students was showing me some pictures on MySpace. I saw one particularly beautiful one, of a pair of hands and a beautiful baby with huge, huge eyes. I said to him, "Is that you??? Are those your hands?"

He said, "Yeah. That's me and my BM."

"BM?? What the heck is that?"

Everyone in the room stared at me. I imagine that all the heads turned from the computers as tutors and students alike stared at my stupidity. I posited a guess: "Bowel movement?"

He laughed and laughed at me and said, "No, Miss Katy. That's my Baby Mama."

7 comments:

JL said...

dork :) haha, i heart you

Snacky D said...

I definitely would have said the same things

PeaceLoveMath said...

wouldn't "baby mama" refer to the mother of the baby? Why would you call the baby that?

Valtastic said...

haha even my dad knows what that means...

He told my mom that he never wants any of us to be a "baby momma" or "baby daddy"...

Anonymous said...

In my profession, a BM is the correct and only abbreviation for bowel movement. And baby mama I though was the mother of the baby, not a baby girl, but who knows. Nurse Goat.

Emily said...

hahaha oh man...

Katy said...

i should have been more clear in my post. the photo was of a set of hands, a man hand and a womanly hand. so the student meant that the other hand was the BM. in sum, it was a photo of student, BM, and the baby.