Thursday, January 04, 2007

Miracles Never Cease!


I can grow things! I am a grower of plants. I got a chia herb garden from my mommy for Christmas and I am now growing herbs on my windowsill. Every morning for the past week, I have been watering that stuff, filled with doubt that anything would ever happen. I made little sandwich bag greenhouses as indicated. I placed the plants above the radiator in direct sunlight. I followed the directions! Today, when I got home from work, there were sprouts! I have nurtured a living thing and made it grow.



I can hardly wait to make sauce and fill it with delicious basil and marjoram and chives and then make salsa and fill it with delicious cilantro. Although, I'm not certain whether the obvious mold growing on the cilantro seeds is problematic...



According to the chia people, I'm not supposed to dig little holes for the seeds and they will burrow on their own. This has clearly happened with the other herbs. Maybe the cilantro is just stubborn?

2 comments:

kk said...

I really wanted to get one of those chia herb gardens, but just never got around to it. I think it is so cool that you will have all fresh herbs for cooking. I always buy them at the store, and each time I do I think that I should grow my own.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you're growing weed...