Sunday, June 18, 2006

I Got IT!

I bought my wedding dress! I can't describe it on here because certain male members of my blog team might read about it, but it's hot. I think it might be the perfect Katy dress. Let me just say that a girl who spends so much time in rugby shorts (and now rowing spandex!) has a hard time feeling pretty and comfortable in an elegant dress.

This one makes me feel great. It's simple and almost plain, but it has just enough tasteful add-ons to make it stunning. Part of the reason I love my dress so much is that I feel lithe and beautiful and bridey in it. I like how I can bend and twist in the flowy material and I certainly don't need a crinoline to wear underneath it. Also, the dress comes in a petite, so they'll waste less material when they chop it to fit my stubby legs.

This dress was the first one I tried on, the one which beckoned me from among the marshmallow frills on the rack. I found myself comparing all the other dresses to that one, always finding something off in the others. I like how I feel wearing it, standing on the dias while my mom dabs her eyes and smiles. I like to think about wearing it to walk through the yard at the farm where Corey will be waiting to marry me.

When I have the dress on, I don't feel like a kid in a grown-up's body and I forget that I like to tackle people and do pushups. When I am wearing my new flowy dress, I am a woman about to politely tell the world that I love Corey more than anything else and want to spend my life with him. After I take the dress off, I realize how cheesy and girly that sounds and want to go pound out a few squats.

Even though it won't arrive for alterations for five months, I still like knowing I can go to the website and look at the gown and smile to think of it as the first official uniform I'll wear when I join Corey's team.

8 comments:

Emily said...

oooohhhh : ) Katy that's soo exciting : ) Also, maybe I'm feeling a little sappy today because it got me a little teary eyed!

Em said...

I'm torn between a tux and a Hawaiian shirt, myself, but I can well understand the excitement. Congrats!

Katy said...

dude, em: are you getting married and didn't tell me????

Em said...

Naw, not for a while yet. But we were talking and somehow Hawaiian shirts as wedding attire came up and I thought, whoa, that would totally clash with a cummerbund. Decisions, decisions.

But no, you are not out of the loop. Nothing will be happening for at least another few years. |=)

east side girl said...

Oh! I'm so happy for you! It sounds wonderful--and the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that you feel great in it.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

"kid in a women's body" you have a kids body- I'm just kidding I love you-----that dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was Val btw...

Anonymous said...

Sari Jahe | Diskon | Promo Diskon | Harga Tiket Pesawat | Temulawak | Photo Prewedding | UPVC WINDOW | Kamera CCTV | Jual CCTV | Pasang CCTV | Minuman Suplemen | Tiket Pesawat Murah Harga Tiket Pesawat

Hot G String | Foto Sex | Kim Kardashian | Kim Kardashian Bugil | wallpaper lucu | cheat gta 4 | Behel | G String | BB+18 | Info Trend Terbaru | Shuffle Dance | Info Terkini


Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, youve covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.