Sunday, August 21, 2005

Making Friends

Well, we are settled in now. We still have a huge cable running from my office through the living room because Comcast couldn't figure out how to hook up the cable in the other room, but other than that we are set.

Corey is in State College this week working in Freeze Thaw. He is actually there for like 13 days, so I am left on my own to make friends. I'm doing a pretty good job of that. Wednesday night I went out with some other MFA people and learned a lot about surviving the program. Thurday I had rugby again and last night Emily Hancheck came to visit and we went to a famous beer place.

Today, Freya, JP, and Leeann from upstairs invited me to a party and I met a bunch of really cool people. They are having dinner parties and housewarming parties, and go see Harry Potter movies and knit. I'm really excited to be making friends with them.

I got a job tutoring athletes for the athletic academic services department. I'm am the most excited about this because it will really help my chances to be a TA next year. Plus I met even more cool people who are tutors! I am meeting people all over the place. Now the question is will Corey make an outgoing leap and make new friends?

No comments: