Sunday, August 21, 2005

Lonesome?

Well, I've been sans Corey for 3 days. This is the longest we've been apart for months! It's just so strange not to be 6 inches away from him in the Nissan all day... It's hard to motivate myself to do things when I'm by myself and don't have a social network just yet. Or a job to do.

Today I went to the Carnegie Science Center to play with the science stuff and watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the Omnimax. I felt like I would fall down the theater seats and got very dizzy from the movie. I also felt like my face was too close to everything. It made the movie much larger than anything I could have imagined. It was pretty incredible. I can't wait to watch Narnia and Harry Potter in there.

I wanted desperately not to get lost on the way home, but I just couldn't find route 28. By accident, I went back over the river. So I drove around downtown. It was really pretty. I wished I had come there by bus so I could walk around and enjoy the city and the river front and the parks. Instead, I drove in circles and found myself in the Strip at the markets. They were closed, but now I know where they are for when I want fresh vegetables and beef. I also found our Penske truck, still parked on the curb where we left it 10 days ago. Strange..

Tomorrow I am going to force myself to be productive. I am going to explore the library and find garlic bulbs in this city if it kills me!

No comments: