Monday, March 31, 2008

Hmm

I "finished" my manuscript. I thought I would feel happier about it. There is this book and I've been working on it for every waking and unwaking moment for the past three years and now I have printed it and stuffed it into a binder. There it is. On my desk. The fruit of my labors.

So why does it feel sad? Not even relief. Now I just have more panic about it than ever before. What if my committee doesn't sign off on it? What if I don't graduate? Worse, what happens when I do and I have to sit in my office all day and be a writer for a living??? What if my brain dries up and I run out of things to say?

I have decided the best solution to this feeling is to make some mac n cheese, eat chocolate, and watch South Park until my brain disengages from the state it is in. I will emerge when I can form a coherent thought.

6 comments:

kk said...

I don't think you need to worry about running out of things to say:+)

PeaceLoveMath said...

I give a hearty second to kk. I think it's much more likely that Corey will become a touring inspiration speaker.

P said...

These things, after so long and so much effort, are more like a denouement than a climax. Like empty-nest syndrome.

Jane said...

Your solution is perfect, but get plenty of exercise, too. Your life is not going to change because of this. You are still the Katy that we love!

ninny said...

i want to be there when you run out of things to say. you were speechless for a nano second at your surprise bridal shower...

PeaceLoveMath said...

*meant to say "inspirationAL speaker," but I'm sure you got the idea.