Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Progress



I'm doing pretty well with the mittens. I got darned cocky with this project and it turned out to be much more difficult than I thought. I keep having to make adjustments to the pattern. It looks like an ant herd is crawling all over it. I just hope I can read it when I go to make the left mitten. Sheesh! Who knew it was hard to design things!

The shocking part for me is that the intarsia part (the skull and crossbones) is actually the easiest. Perhaps because I designed this in Excel and it's pretty faultless? I don't know. But it shocks me that the wrist and hand of the mitten is giving me such grief. I've knitted a thousand mittens. I do socks for heaven's sake! Why is this Jolly Jordie so damn hard?

I will beat you, design process. I will beat you and all your intricacies and I will knit the best mitten ever!! Mwahahahahahahahaha.

(Most of my students are done with finals, so I have a lot of down time in the writing center this week)

2 comments:

Soupie said...

this is the shit

Anonymous said...

i LOVE those mittens! lovelovelove them to pieces!