Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Conference Trip Breast Anxiety Phase 2

Several things happened today on my quest to ease my breastfeeding anxiety regarding my imminent conference trip.

Thing one: I secured lodging. I will be staying at the Melbourne Hotel and Hostel. I will be a brisk 15 minute walk from the conference, which is great unless it rains or snows, and I will be paying exactly $34 per night for my room, which includes a refrigerator to store, among other things, breastmilk! Really, I don't think I could ask for better turnouts.

I was going to stay with my friend Big Perm, but another writer/mom friend talked me into a hotel. If I am going to be sans baby, that means I am going to get uninterrupted sleep. I should indulge in that sleep in a real bed in a room with a door that closes, right? Right!

Thing two: I found out half the conference will be in the convention center in addition to the hotel. So that made me have more worries about pumping. In vain! I phoned the convention center and it turns out they have several Mothers Rooms with chairs and outlets. Could this conference BE any better at easing my anxiety?

Things are starting to come together. Heck, I might even take a non-nursing bra with me on this journey. Or a non-nursing shirt! How cool would it be to wear real clothes???

No comments: