Saturday, February 09, 2008

Family Bread Baking

So far, this weekend I have done five wonderful hours of homework and prepared 4 loaves of bread. I made dough with my mom last night and then my aunt and cousin came over and I decided they wanted bread dough, too. (Of course, their dough turned out better than our dough)

This morning I got up and shaped loaves with my mom. Now, I have this to look forward to for dinner:
See how the left hand loaf has "oven bloom?" It looks like a big loaf is eating a small loaf. But really it just got so hot and explosive in the oven it shot out its own side. I can still hear the loaves applauding from the kitchen. Mmmmmmmmm

6 comments:

Jane said...

I can smell that delicious bread smell from here.

kk said...

I can smell it in Delaware. But the one loaf looks like it has a tumor. I think you should operate on that part before dinner:+)

P said...

Oooo, better that hide that bread before I come like a ninja and eat it!

Katy said...

well, em, you are always welcome at chez lev and i'll just make you your own loaf. come in june and we'll have a morris reunion!

PeaceLoveMath said...

mmmmmm...

I'm making roti to go with our kibbe for dinner tonight, but that's not half as amazing as your delicious looking loaves!! Yum...I want you to come make bread with me!

P said...

I might be taking a road trip back East this summer Katy. I will definitely have to visit!