Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Stupid mistake

Today I was a bit grumpy. I have 7 weeks until my wedding, no hairstylists, Corey has no wedding band, we don't have the ceremony music sorted out, I have no vows, need I go on?

So anyway I was really grumpy and not paying attention to much. I got on the bus and settled into my seat. As I always do, I read some of my homework on the bus. I was totally engrossed in the vivid and continuous fictional dream of the piece I was reading. I felt the bus turn right and assumed we were on our way to Oakland. When I looked up, we were barreling through Friendship. I assumed there was a construction detour. I kept reading.

Eventually, I really felt we were in the wrong place and had to ask a neighbor what bus I was on. Not the 71A at all but the 77D!!!

I scampered out, had to hoof it six or so blocks to a street where I could catch the right bus. I was late for my boxing lesson and everything, had no time shadow boxing at the end even. What lesson did I learn? I have to pay attention to things that matter, like is this the correct bus or do I have a groom who loves me, rather than ridiculous details that just seem to cloud my judgment.

Everything will be ok. Although perhaps not my sparring skills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be fine Katy. I can do your hair and you don't need 7 weeks to get a wedding band.


~Val

east side girl said...

If you're looking for a great hairstylist and you're getting married in the Pgh area, I recommend the ower of Jacques Dessange in Shadyside. She did mine, and she's really wonderful! She'll do a hair preview for you, too.

kk said...

Don't sweat the small stuff, it doesn't matter if Corey gives you a cigar band for your finger, or if we all hum "here comes the bride" at the wedding, the only words you need are "I do" because you have already said all the rest to your soul mate, and your hair always looks beautiful, even in pink. So take a deep breath and tomaorrow you will get on the right bus:+)