Sunday, March 04, 2007

Phoenix

After turning in a rough draft of my manuscript, I collapsed into an airplane seat and flew out west to help my nephew and sister and brother-in-law move into their new house in Phoenix. Today was college shirt day. I had to help little Ananda overpower the Bruins and Trojans hanging around. This is how cute he got since I saw him last:
(He's only making that face because someone suggested he wear a USC shirt instead of the lovely PSU beauty he is sporting there)

My sister, beacon of wisdom that she is, seems to have lost her mind. We were talking about healthy eating and how Corey and I partake in such practices. I said, to emphasize even more how important healthy food is, "Besides, Corey and I are both in season right now. So we're really watching out."

She started laughing and looking at me weird. I just thought she farted. I had no idea she could misinterpret what I said. But then she poked me with a fork and said "In season? What, like a ripe vegetable? Teeheeeeheeee heeeheeeee."

She didn't get that I meant in sport season. Just goes to show where our interests lie: rugby fields versus tomato fields.

(Dragon slippers and a coffee pot. Moving in day essentials.)

4 comments:

PeaceLoveMath said...

He gets cuter every time I see a picture

I didn't know they were moving to Phoenix!! When did that happen??

ninny said...

i'm so glad penn state won!!

Anonymous said...

I thought you meant in season as in fertile. :P Dude he's sooo adorable.. can she have a baby for me?

~Val

PS Bentley is much better than Penn State!

Jane said...

I hope the other guy looked worse than Ananda with that eye wound :=)