Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Snow Pants?

It is negative degrees outside, meaning that exposed skin can freeze and rot and fall off. While this would be a good thing for my chin skin, which is covered in pimples, I kind of want to keep my thighs and maybe even my calves. My big drama today is whether to wear snow pants or just double up the tights under my trousers when I leave for campus. This is a major decision when you are a bus rider who works in a small room with few coat hooks.

Here are the facts: I am boxing for 2 hours before work and then need to shower. So I already have to tote a towel and shower slides and all the materials required for showering PLUS my boxing gloves and handwraps, which are bulky. I also have to pack my dinner, so I have a grocery bag full of leftover Mediterranean food that doesn't fit in my gym bag.

So, do I climb into my snow pants and snugly ride the 71A before I have to pull a second-grade coat room act and remove all my crap in front of my students? Or do I wear tights and spandex pants under my clothes and walk around all night with bulky legs, sweating like an aged cheese?

I only have ten more minutes to decide. I'm leaning toward the cheesey bulk.

6 comments:

kk said...

I would go for the snow pants and let the sudents think what they want as long as I'm warm:+)

P said...

I hope you went for the snow pants. As much as I love long underwear, I wouldn't wear them in a venue that is heated.

Anonymous said...

Snow pants.. who cares what they think? If they make fun of you don't help them!
~Val

Katy said...

i went with two pairs of sweatpants over mesh shorts to journey to work. then, after my workout and shower, i wore just jeans to work. so for the bus wait going home i put the top sweatpants over my jeans. i think it worked out well! tomorrow i think i might do jeans and sweatpants again.

PeaceLoveMath said...

good solution with the sweatpants. i use a double pair for walking outside in this coldness...but i must admit, the last few days i've been too chicken to venture out at all. it's 6 degrees!

Emily said...

good solution. ive been treking in single layer pants, and its cold (though slightly warmer here than pittsburgh)