Sunday, February 18, 2007

Core-man Bats 1000

Corey finally booked our honeymoon. I know I said I would do it without him if he missed his January 31 deadline, but my threats are pretty much always empty. I just yelled at him for a long time and nagged until my throat hurt and just like that he got to work!

I felt sickly satisfied when he kept finding places fully booked for our desired dates. I loved looking at his face when he discovered that yes, in fact, some people do plan in advance for important trips. Ha! I'm such an asshole. Why am I so happy that he was wrong? It doesn't matter. We have a lovely trip.

We are going to St. Lucia to stay in a hut in the jungle for a few days and then will join all the other newlyweds at a Sandals. I'm ok with that vacation even if it isn't a rafting trip in Belize or a volcano/canopy hike in Costa Rica. We have our whole lives to do adventure vacationing. On our honeymoon, we're going to snorkel. And lounge. And drink complementary alcohol because it's included in our room rate along with one massage and a sunset cruise.

The craziest thing about having the honeymoon planned and paid for is that it makes the whole thing real. I am going to be a wife. He is going to be a husband. All this batting practice is going to lead up to a real game, an away game in the Caribbean. I'm so excited that we made it this far. I think our team will win.

4 comments:

Soupie said...

what does baseball have to do with this.....



.....




..

east side girl said...

Yay! Congrats on booking your honeymoon. The best thing to do is relax--you'll thank yourself later!

ninny said...

did corey book a room for me?
it was so good to see east side girl's comment - i miss your blog! how is the dog?

mikeh said...

Don't forget the Fireman's outfit...