Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rugby Reporter: Day 5

Even though there was 100% chance of rain today, I predicted it would not do so. I was right! Ha! It drizzled a bit in the morning, but has been otherwise very ok outside, if cold.

I spent a lot of time today eating Cadbury chocolate, which can be sold here. I have missed it so much since leaving England. Mmmmm diary milk bars! They were 2 for a dollar at the Max, which is their Sheetz.

Next on my agenda was a huge interview with the US strength and conditioning team and medical staff. They are using a revolutionary approach to keep the US Women healthy, combining accupuncture, osteopathic medicine, and herbs and yoga with rehab programs and then keeping the specific health and positoinal needs of each athlete in mind when designing workouts. Very fascinating. One hundred percent interesting. It inspired me to email my sister and tell her to focus on sports medicine, because I think this approach will be the next hot thing in the States.

Tonight, my hosts are going to watch their collegiate team play in a tournament. I'm pretty jazzed to go with them and see the level of play Canadian universities exhibit. Perhaps I can scout study abroad students for Penn State, or at least encourage some transfers.

Tomorrow will be my first day with actually nothing to do. I would take myself to a movie, only it costs $13 to see movies here. Crap!

I very badly wish I were at practice tonight with the Angels. I am beginning to feel like a lump hanging out with these elite athletes and not exercising anything except my hand muscles.

No comments: