Thursday, August 30, 2007

Welcome Back, Students!

Me: So, Student, how was your first day of class?
Student A: Pretty good. I only have one gay class this semester. My psych teacher is a fu@^ing c*%t."


Student B
walks in, with an assignment to read a mock editorial by Michael Rogers, which intimates that literacy is a thing of the past. The work implies that reading is a "luxury" and only an elite class should even bother learning the skill. Their assignment is to write an essay agreeing or disagreeing with Rogers. I ask Student B what he thinks of the editorial.


Student B: This dude has it pretty right. Look at text messaging! Also, those motherf*^ers workin' at Burger King don't need to read anyway. He's right.

Student C: Is it alright if I take my shirt off? It's hot as hell in this joint. No? I really can't take my shirt off? What you mean no shirt, no shoes, no service. I got to get comfortable. Sh&*, I'm taking off my shoes anyway.

3 comments:

P said...

Well, I'm certainly with Student C on losing the shoes.

Emily said...

I'm with C too.

Today a girl told me (via email): "I read the email about the new requirement, but I don't think I should be penalized for not complying because you announced it so early in the summer and I forgot".

Anonymous said...

You'd like this: http://www.overheardinpittsburgh.com/