Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Elephantitus of the Belly

My poor sister. She always has bad things happen to her. First, she had her little cankle problem and now, she has a really bad burn. She was making pasta the other night and reached up for the cabinet above the stove. She accidentally bumped the pot handle and spilled boiling water on her stomach and upper thighs. This is what it looks like now:

I feel so terrible for her. I can't imagine the pain of having that move and ache every time she breathes in and out, let alone moves. She was supposed to drive out to see us this week, so I'm even more sad at the lost chance to spend time with her and even MORE sad because I was going to trick her into playing rugby again.

I miss my sister. I hope her belly doesn't scar because at least one person in my family a belly nice enough to wear with bikinis. It would be a shame to cover that up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't accidently knock the handle..the overstocked cuboards caused the accident! A huge box of angel hair pasta fell out, hit the handle of the pot, which spilled over onto my stomach...