Friday, July 06, 2007

Unveiling

It's time for me to unveil a fabulous wedding gift. My brother-in-law has built me a website. My very own, to display my very important and grown up writing projects. This is a great time for me to unveil this gift, because I just had an exciting thing happen.

I was rambling on and on about my one true love (rugby) to a magazine editor last January. I left there kicking myself, because I always talk about rugby too much. But I shouldn't have worried! I got a great assignment and there is now a 4-page, center spread article about the Pittsburgh Angels in the inaugural issue of Pittsburgh Professional Magazine. (Be patient, it's a big file!)

My last great unveiling comes in the form of another link. My mom sent me this very interesting story, which covers two topics I find very fascinating: Title IX and sports journalists. The story gave me much food for thought today, and heightened my reserve to be the best sports journalist in the entire world, covering women's sports at their finest from now until I die. Move over, Steve Rushkin. Katy is taking charge.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Yup, yup...I'd feel much better about playing rugby if I knew so much medical personnel was on the field with me.