Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Humanity is on a Downward Spiral

Proof A: I am too fat to participate in alcohol research. By fat, I of course mean muscular and dense, but all the science lab cares about is that my body weighs more than 147 pounds. I cannot even drink for money unless I am waif thin.

Proof B: My friend Dave was in a bicycle accident riding in Schenley Park. He sat slightly dazed, clutching his profusely bleeding chin that required stitches and not one person stopped to help. His co-rider had to verbally request a paper towel from a passerby to mop up a bit of the blood pooling in Dave's hands. Nobody cared about Dave's bleeding face.

Proof C: A blind man got on the 71A today and took a bit longer than most people in procuring his bus pass. As he was navigating down the aisle slowly, a boisterous man pushed in front of him and plopped his fat ass into the front seat vacated for the blind man. When the blind man arrived and went to sit, the boisterous man looked around and made only small efforts to get up. Another passenger had to help the blind man up the aisle into a different seat.

5 comments:

Valtastic said...

If it makes you feel better/worse... my mom wanted to donate plasma and they told her she was too thin... umm she's 10 lbs overweight from her height.. So if all the overweight people got thin does that mean we couldn't have any plasma?

Valtastic said...

Oh and did you hear the Dr. Dunne & Dr. Washburn story of Hoboken at St Patty's day... apparently there was some white guy beating up a perto rican for no reason with about 30 people watching and when the cops came everyone left. Only Chris and Jess stayed behind to give the cops a discription of the person... sad- sick-disturbing.. especially since everyone's Irish on St Patty's day...

PeaceLoveMath said...

I can't gripe now that you didn't get to participate in the alcohol study (that sucks, dude), but I only got $25 dollars for the breast cancer study that Han, my Mom and I participated in! I obviously need to move to Pittsburgh where they apparently pay better than State College.

I now know two people with stitches in their chins from accidents the past week. Weird.

Emily said...

That's interesting about the blood. When I fell running and tore open my knee, at least 3 people stopped to see if I was ok. Granted, I was a 17 yr old girl on a major road, but still (and there's always the chance society has declined a ton in 10 years)

P said...

I imagine, then, that they'd consider me morbidly obese.