Friday, July 27, 2007

INTERNET

I have internet. I am sitting on my own sofa emailing and fiddling around in the universe. I feel suddenly like all is right in the world. The Fios people were here for many hours drilling and sawing and grunting and I finally have what is supposed to be the world's fastest internet service.

I feel mostly as if it is not any faster than cable and also surprised that I had to give up the outlet alloted to our beer fridge for a large flashing box that evidently must always stay plugged in down in the basement.

I was so eager to be reconnected to society that I abandoned the painting project I was doing upstairs. Mid-trim priming, I galloped down to my laptop. I might have gotten primer all over the keyboard. Which is ok, because it hides the dirty brown stains that were on there before. Ah, the end of driving around in search of Wi-Fi.

On a sidenote, the DirecTV van just pulled up to my neighbor's house. What would happen, I wonder, if I went outside and asked them to give us cable, too? TV and internet in one day?

3 comments:

Jane said...

You are such a big girl, Katy!

Emily said...

My downstairs neighbor (who I haven't met yet) has unsecured wi-fi.

Best part of this move :)

Anonymous said...

Direct TV is a dish, not cable.