Monday, May 21, 2007

Confessions

I'm an internet addict. I am writing this from a slouched position in the driver's seat of my Mazda. I have the seat rolled all the way back to allow space between my legs and the steering wheel and I am sitting parked in front of someone's house somewhere in Limerick, PA. I might even be lost.

I'm supposed to be stretched out at the pool at the farm, getting ready for the wedding and working on my manuscript. That was the big plan. Peace, quiet, countryside, no internet. The pages were going to pour forth from my fingers. But I just can't deal with a lack of internet!

I started driving around in a rainstorm yesterday, seeking open WiFi. I found some at the grocery store. I'm not sure why they offer this great service. The store doesn't even have a seating area. I'm not going to complain, though. It's like I have a cozy little air conditioned office with a nice leather seat.

I'm even fielding calls on my cell phone.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll do once the sun is low enough that it's shining in my eyes. I suppose I'll have to head back home.

Right now, I'm busy loading all the web pages I can, opening each page of NYTimes.com individually so that when I get back to the farm house I'll still be able to pretend I'm in contact with the world.

I've been sitting here in the car for 3 hours now...

5 comments:

Jane said...

So, this is what an internet theif looks like, huh? I would have to do the same thing...the internet helped me survive my winter!

Jane said...

thief

PeaceLoveMath said...

How's your wedding anxiety level? Feeling calm, or frazzeled? Who else is at the farm with you?

Anonymous said...

your battery lasts that long? I wish mine did...

~Val

P said...

You're hilarious. I don't think even I'm THAT bad.