- The neighbor kids did come. They were wearing costumes. One had a shopping bag with a hole in it and refused the offer of a replacement bag.
- The grandfather and great-grandfather of the neighbor kids refused the offer of beer for their treat.
- Patsy held out the pumpkin and let the kids reach in on their own. Corey feared their "little arms weren't even freaking long enough to reach in"
- GW handed out some candy. Dave didn't
- Corey didn't know pumpkins were supposed to be lit for this event. Thank God Patsy was there to take care of business
- One older kid came without a costume. GW made him sing for his treat an act as if he were driving a bus. The kid had to drive a fake steering wheel, make engine noises, and beep the horn. For this, he received ridicule and a Snickers bite-sized chocolate
Thursday, November 01, 2007
I had to tutor until 9 last night and thus missed the Trick-or-Treaters. I had to leave Corey in charge. Here is what I was able to gather from the event from my monosyllabic husband. The following bullet points are the result of literally hours of questioning: