Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trickertreat!

I had to tutor until 9 last night and thus missed the Trick-or-Treaters. I had to leave Corey in charge. Here is what I was able to gather from the event from my monosyllabic husband. The following bullet points are the result of literally hours of questioning:
  • The neighbor kids did come. They were wearing costumes. One had a shopping bag with a hole in it and refused the offer of a replacement bag.
  • The grandfather and great-grandfather of the neighbor kids refused the offer of beer for their treat.
  • Patsy held out the pumpkin and let the kids reach in on their own. Corey feared their "little arms weren't even freaking long enough to reach in"
  • GW handed out some candy. Dave didn't
  • Corey didn't know pumpkins were supposed to be lit for this event. Thank God Patsy was there to take care of business
  • One older kid came without a costume. GW made him sing for his treat an act as if he were driving a bus. The kid had to drive a fake steering wheel, make engine noises, and beep the horn. For this, he received ridicule and a Snickers bite-sized chocolate
Who knows what else happened? Who is to say what amazing costumes there were or clever disguises? The world may never know what happened last night, but I'm sad that I missed it.

3 comments:

Snacky D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snacky D said...

We also listened to creepy halloween music on satellite radio, drank PBR, and had good conversation. Even if Patsy wasn't there, I remembered to tell Corey to light the pumpkins. No one offered to let me hand out candy, although I didn't really ask. The highlight for me was GW singing Kris Kross to some kid with his clothes on backward who looked like them. Apparently this kid had no idea who Kris Kross was, told GW he was supposed to be a homeless person, and got frustrated until GW finally gave him candy. After GW drove Patsy home, Corey and I watched Lil Bush. The end.

PeaceLoveMath said...

eeeeew, PBR