Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dirty Cyclist

I just rode my bike home in the pouring rain. It made me feel dirty and tough. I liked it! I had two heckling incidents earlier this week (The first on Monday: "Get on the sidewalk, bitch! Get the f^@k off the road!" Followed by lengthy honking and hand waving from a gold Altima. The second today: "Hey, baby. I'll teach you how to riiiiide." followed by hip gesticulating and air humping from a gross man at a gas station) that made me hate riding my bike. Almost made me throw in the towel, in fact.

But then I got to whiz past idling cars at rush hour as steam rose from my overheated body and that was awesome! Plus, other cyclists chat with me through Shadyside when I'm not panting. I feel like I could get used to this, enjoy it maybe!

We'll see if I still feel that way later tonight after Corey and I ride to and from Belvedere's for 80's night. Does a helmet go with a side ponytail?

1 comment:

ninny said...

you'll have to cut a hole in the helmet or lower the ponytail...